Facebook announced today that they have made their Facebook Gifts feature available to all users in the U.S.
Not only will you now be able to send a friend a real world gift on Facebook, you can also celebrate a friend’s special occasion (birthday, engagement, etc) by making a charitable contribution in their name.
There are over 400 stat posts on DMR. Browse the full list here.
This comes just in time for tomorrow’s 121212 Concert for Sandy Relief at Madison Square Garden.
Here is how you make a donation:
- Goto the Facebook Gifts Page;
- Click on “Donate for Sandy Relief;”
- Enter a friend’s name in the pop-up and hit next. Like anything else on Facebook, it gives friend suggestions once you type in a few letters of their name;
- Under the section titled “or select a charity,” select “RobinHood Relief Fund Concert;”
- Customize the gift’s appearance and add a message to the recipient;
- Review the order and choose “give gift.”
That’s all there is to it. It is a very simple way to give to a great cause while making a friend feel good.Win-win!