Facebook announced today that they have made their Facebook Gifts feature available to all users in the U.S.
Not only will you now be able to send a friend a real world gift on Facebook, you can also celebrate a friend’s special occasion (birthday, engagement, etc) by making a charitable contribution in their name.
Everyone has a story. We help you tell yours.
This comes just in time for tomorrow’s 121212 Concert for Sandy Relief at Madison Square Garden.
Here is how you make a donation:
- Goto the Facebook Gifts Page;
- Click on “Donate for Sandy Relief;”
- Enter a friend’s name in the pop-up and hit next. Like anything else on Facebook, it gives friend suggestions once you type in a few letters of their name;
- Under the section titled “or select a charity,” select “RobinHood Relief Fund Concert;”
- Customize the gift’s appearance and add a message to the recipient;
- Review the order and choose “give gift.”
That’s all there is to it. It is a very simple way to give to a great cause while making a friend feel good.Win-win!