Find Out How Many People Use Your Favorite Social Networks, Apps and Digital Services
Here are a few mobile apps that may help you know what is going on with the storm.
- American Red Cross Hurricane App – A boatload of awesome features that help you prepare for a storm and then stay safe during it. This app even includes an “I’m safe” alert that you can send to loved ones via Facebook, Twitter, email and text (Android and iOS).
- NOAA Now – The latest news and emergency updates from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Android and iOS).
- The Weather Channel App – An amazing weather app to have anytime, but even more valuable with their 24/7 coverage of Hurricane Sandy (Download Page)
- Hurricane Tracker – Includes all official National Hurricane Center Data along with Audio/Video updates during the storm (Download Page).
- Emergency Radio (Police Scanner) – iOS scanner app that includes live police, fire, EMS, NOAA weather, coast guard and other frequencies (iOS)
- Scanner Radio – Android Scanner app that includes live audio from over 3,600 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (Android).
Of course, this storm is impacting many different states up and down the eastern seaboard, so if you are in one of the states in Sandy’s path, you may want to check to see if your state and local utilities have their own apps.
Also, Twitter is always a great place to find info from many of the utilities and media outlets.
Good luck everyone. Let’s hope she takes an unexpected right turn!