Ever wondered how many people use your favorite social network, app or digital service? You’re in luck.
Often in my 'day job', I find when writing proposals, presentations, white papers, etc, that some of the simplest of stats like “how many people use” something are next to impossible to find. I decided to do something about that.
Here is my monthly, running tally of how many people are using some of the top social media, digital services and mobile apps updated for August 2018 (the best I could find, at least). This list grows pretty regularly. It began with a simple listing of the some of the obvious social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Skype, YouTube, WhatsApp, etc; then grew to include digital services like Amazon, Google, eBay, Netflix and Pandora; then the focus turned to APAC social and digital properties like Weibo, WeChat, JD.com, LINE and Renren; and lately, I have been focused on updating current listings, adding in new ones along with smaller niche ones that I may have overlooked at the beginning. This full report now includes over 1,100 listings and more are added annually.
I hope you find this list helpful and be sure to check out the countless other stat posts on this site.
Without further ado, here is a sampling of the list…
How many people use social media?
- Badoo: 324 million users Last updated 9/11/16
- Facebook: 2.234 billion monthly active users Last updated 7/25/18
- Flickr: 122 million users Last updated 9/22/16
- Flipagram: 200 million users Last updated 6/23/16
- hike: 100 million users Last updated 1/23/16
- Imgur: 250 million users Last updated 2/3/18
- Instagram: 1 billion users Last updated 6/20/18
- LinkedIn: 546 million users Last updated 3/24/18
- Meipai: 152 million users Last updated 12/6/17
- Momo: 180 million registered users Last updated 1/5/16
- MySpace: 50.6 million monthly active users Last updated 1/23/15
- Nextdoor: 114,000 active neighborhoods Last updated 10/11/16
- ooVoo: 135 million registered users Last updated 10/5/15
- Pinterest: 200 million users Last updated 9/14/17
- Polyvore: 20 million users Last updated 5/7/16
- QQ: 861 million monthly users Last updated 8/5/17
- Quora: 190 million MAU Last updated 4/21/17
- Qzone: 638 million MAU Last updated 3/23/17
- Reddit: 330 million users Last updated 3/24/18
- Slack: 8 million daily active users Last updated 8/6/18
- SlideShare: 80 million users Last updated 4/6/18
- Snapchat: 191 million daily active users Last updated 3/6/18
- tumblr: 550 million users Last updated 12/16/15
- Twitch: 100 million users Last updated 4/3/15
- Twitter: 330 million monthly active users Last updated 2/8/18
- VK.com: 260 million registered users; 60 million daily active users Last updated 7/15/14
- Weibo: 360 million MAU Last updated 8/9/17
- Youku Tudou: 580 million users Last updated 10/16/15
- YouTube: 1.8 billion logged-in monthly users Last updated 5/4/18
- YY: 122 million monthly active users Last updated 10/11/16
- Zalo: 60 million registered users Last updated 11/6/16
- Zhaopin: 122 million registered users Last updated 11/18/16