Volkswagen Statistics, Revenue Totals, Facts & News (2022)
Last Updated on: April 1st, 2022
Here are a few of the most interesting Volkswagen statistics and facts I was able to dig up including revenue totals and employee counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
- Volkswagen Website: Official Website
- Year Volkswagen was Founded: 1937
- Volkswagen Headquarters: Wolfsburg, Germany
- Volkswagen Founder(s): Herbert Diess
- Current Volkswagen Chief Executive: Ralf Brandstaetter
- Volkswagen Parent Company: Porsche SE
- Volkswagen Subsidiaries / Brands: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Ducati, Skoda and Scania
What is Volkswagen?
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (VWoA) is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany. VWoA’s operations in the United States include research and development, parts and vehicle processing, parts distribution centers, sales, marketing and service offices, financial service centers, and its state -of-the- art manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world’s largest producers of passenger cars and Europe’s largest automaker. VWoA sells the Atlas, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, CC, Golf, Golf Alltrack, Golf GTI, Golf R, Golf SportWagen, e-Golf, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan and Touareg vehicles through approximately 652 independent U.S. dealers. (source)
Volkswagen Employee Count
Number of Volkswagen employees:
Last updated 1/1/21
Recent Volkswagen News
- Volkswagen and Bosch team up on automated driving software, 01/31/2022
- Toyota remains world’s biggest car seller, widens lead on Volkswagen, 01/31/2022
- Volkswagen in advanced talks over €20bn listing of Porsche brand, 02/23/2022
- Volkswagen to establish a new company for EV battery production, 12/23/2021
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Volkswagen statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.