Taco Bell Statistics, Restaurant Counts, Facts & News (2022)
Last Updated on: March 29th, 2022
Here are a few of the most interesting Taco Bell statistics and facts I was able to dig up including restaurant count, revenue totals and employee counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Taco Bell Facts
What is Taco Bell?
At Taco Bell, we’ve had innovation on our mind since Glen Bell opened the first restaurant in 1962 in Downey, California. Always hungry for Más, we’ve grown to be a culture-centric, lifestyle brand that provides craveable, affordable Mexican-inspired food. (source)
- Location of first Taco Bell: San Bernadino, CA
- Year Pepsi bought Taco Bell: 1978
- Year Taco Bell was spun out into Yum Brands: 2002
- Year that Gidget, the Taco Bell chihuahua, died: 2009
Recent Taco Bell News
- Taco Bell announces return date for Mexican Pizza, 04/22/2022
- Taco Bell went from a single California restaurant to an iconic global chain in 60 years. Here’s how it made tacos a billion-dollar business., 04/28/2022
- Taco Bell brings global #ISeeATaco campaign back with Taco Swap, 05/16/2022
- Dolly Parton said she’s a huge Taco Bell fan, and she thinks the chain should bring back its beloved Mexican Pizza, 01/31/2022
- Taco Bell’s Baja Blast Is Going Boozy as the New MTN DEW Flavor, 01/31/2022
- Taco Bell’s parent company opened a restaurant every 2 hours in 2021, and it shows customers are loving fast food more than ever, 02/10/2022
- Taco Bell accelerates international growth as chain aims for $20 billion in annual sales, 02/16/2022
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Taco Bell stats come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.