ByteDance Statistics, User Counts, Facts & News (2022)
Last Updated on: February 25th, 2022
Here are a few of the most interesting ByteDance statistics and facts I was able to dig up including user counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
What is ByteDance?
ByteDance enables you to discover a world of creative content platforms powered by world-class AI technology. We inform, entertain and inspire people across borders, cultures, and languages. Since our creation in 2012, ByteDance has become a truly global company, operating a dozen products accessible in 150 countries such as TikTok, Vigo, Toutiao, TopBuzz and more! We welcome people from all backgrounds to join us. If tackling challenges in a fast-changing industry does not scare you, work with us, and make the world dance harder! (source)
Additional ByteDance Statistics
Number of countries ByteDance products are available in:
Last updated 11/7/18
Reported amount that ByteDance purchased for Musical.ly:
Number of ByteDance employees:
Last updated 8/8/18
Reported value of ByteDance:
Last updated 5/30/19
Recent ByteDance News
- TikTok owner ByteDance doubles down on Pico as it moves senior managers to virtual reality unit, 03/07/2022
- TikTok owner ByteDance marks 10th anniversary without founder Zhang Yiming as firm’s IPO plans remain up in the air, 03/29/2022
- ByteDance names ex-Xiaomi, Meituan legal rep as new CFO, 04/26/2022
- WeChat gives short videos more prominence as Tencent goes after ByteDance’s Douyin, 01/02/2022
- ByteDance becomes world’s largest unicorn with $353 billion valuation: Hurun report, 12/21/2021
- Lark, ByteDance’s Slack-like app, eyes $1 billion global revenue in five years, 12/24/2021
- ByteDance acquires two new entertainment companies: report, 01/17/2022
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these ByteDance statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.