Venmo Statistics, User Counts, Facts & News (2022)
Last Updated on: April 1st, 2022
Here are a few of the most interesting Venmo statistics and facts I was able to dig up including user counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is the simple, fun money app for sending cash quickly between friends and shopping at your favorite online stores. Split purchases to avoid awkward IOUs, share your new buys, and catch up on what your friends are doing on the feed. (source)
Venmo User Count
How many people use Venmo?
Last updated 11/9/21
Additional Venmo Statistics
Percentage of young Americans that use mobile payments that use Venmo:
Last updated 4/27/17
Number of retailers in the US that Venmo is accepted at:
Last updated 1/1/18
Number of Venmo employees:
Last updated 2/14/17
First month Venmo crossed $1 billion in transfers:
Number of Uber-related transactions on Venmo in 2017:
Venmo Payment Limits
- $6,999.99 weekly spending limit if your identity is verified
- $299.99 weekly spending limit if your identity is not verified
Last updated 10/27/21 (source)
Recent Venmo News
- PayPal and Venmo to increase instant transfer fees in the US, 04/22/2022
- Venmo, PayPal and Cash App To Report Payments of $600 or More To IRS This Year, 01/05/2022
- Venmo introduces new gift-wrapping feature with eight animated designs, 01/14/2022
- Business owners using sites like PayPal or Venmo now face a stricter tax-reporting minimum of $600 a year, 01/31/2022
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Venmo statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.