Last Updated on: May 16th, 2023
Artificial Intelligence, also known as AI, is one of the most rapidly advancing technologies in recent times. With the increasing power of computing and advancements in machine learning algorithms, AI has become an indispensable tool for various industries and applications. AI is being used to automate tedious and repetitive tasks, enabling businesses to focus on more critical aspects of their operations. It has also led to significant improvements in productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
As AI continues to gain momentum, the need for accurate and up-to-date statistics on its growth and impact becomes increasingly important. The study of AI statistics can provide valuable insights into the current state of the technology and the direction it is headed in. From the number of AI-powered devices in use to the impact of AI on job market, these statistics can help us understand the true potential of AI and how it is shaping the world around us. With the growing interest in AI, it is essential to keep a track of its advancements and the impact it has on society, industry, and economy.
AI Statistics and Facts
- In 2020, the global AI market was worth $62.35 billion, and it is expected to reach $733.7 billion by 2027.
- According to a 2021 report by Gartner, AI will create 2.3 million jobs by 2022, while eliminating 1.8 million jobs.
- A 2020 survey by Deloitte found that 70% of organizations have AI on their roadmap, and 53% have already implemented AI solutions.
- In 2020, Google’s AlphaGo defeated the world’s best human Go player, Ke Jie, in a three-game match.
- According to a 2020 report by the World Intellectual Property Organization, China filed the most AI patents in the world, followed by the United States and Japan.
- A 2021 survey by McKinsey & Company found that 50% of respondents reported adopting AI in at least one business function, up from 37% in 2019.
- In 2019, AI-related investments exceeded $70 billion, with the majority of the investment going to North America and Asia.
- According to a 2020 survey by Statista, the most popular AI applications are in the areas of automation, predictive analytics, and natural language processing.
- A 2021 study by MIT found that large language models, such as GPT-3, can improve language understanding and generation, but may have negative societal impacts, such as perpetuating biases and misinformation.
- A 2021 report by Oxford Economics found that AI could add $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030, with the majority of the value coming from improved productivity and consumer demand.
AI company posts here are added, edited and updated almost daily, so be sure to check back often!