Here are a few of the most interesting Twilio statistics and facts I was able to dig up including user counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
What is Twilio?
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. (source)
Twilio User Count
Number of active Twilio customer accounts:
- 2021: 250,000 active customer accounts
- 2020: 190,000 active customer accounts
- 2019: 179,000 active customer accounts
- 2018: 64,286 active customer accounts
- 2017: 48,979 active customer accounts
- 2016: 36,606 active customer accounts
- 2015: 25,347 active customer accounts
- 2014: 16,631 active customer accounts
Additional Twilio Statistics
Number of registered Twilio developer accounts:
Last updated 4/7/19
Number of Twilio cloud data centers:
Last updated 7/1/18
Number of countries Twilio operates in:
Last updated 3/31/16
How many Twilio employees:
Last updated 10/27/21
Percentage of Twilio revenue that reportedly comes from WhatsApp:
Last updated 6/23/16
Here is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about Twilio.
- Website: Official Website
- Year Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Founder(s): Jeff Lawson, John Wolthuis, Evan Cooke
- Current Chief Executive: Jeff Lawson
- Subsidiaries / Brands: SendGrid
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Twilio statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.