Tata Group Statistics, Revenue Totals, Facts & News (2022)
Last Updated on: February 26th, 2022
Here are a few of the most interesting Tata Group statistics and facts I was able to dig up including revenue totals and employee counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Tata Group Facts
- Tata Group Website: Official Website
- Year Tata Group was Founded: 1868
- Tata Group Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tata Group Founder(s): Jamshetji Tata
- Current Tata Group Chief Executive: Natarajan Chandrasekaran
- Tata Group Subsidiaries / Brands: Tata Motors, Tetley Tea , Jaguar Land Rover, Daewoo, Taj Hotels, Jamshedpur FC, Titan Industries
What is Tata Group?
Founded by Jamsetji Tata in 1868, the Tata group is a global enterprise headquartered in India. The group operates in more than 100 countries across six continents with a mission ‘To improve the quality of life of the communities we serve globally, through long-term stakeholder value creation based on Leadership with Trust’. Sixty-six per cent of the equity of Tata Sons, the promoter holding company, is held by philanthropic trusts, thereby returning wealth to society. The Tata name has been respected in India for 150 years for its adherence to strong values and business ethics. The companies of the Tata group employ the best and finest, strengthened by a culture of ethics and integrity. Today we stand strong at 702,454 employees. (source)
Tata Group Employee Count
Number of Tata Group employees:
Last updated 8/23/19
Recent Tata Group News
- Indian giant Tata Group to debut super app on April 7, 04/03/2022
- Indian giant Tata takes on Amazon and Ambani’s Jio with super app Tata Neu, 04/08/2022
- Tata to open up super app Neu to outside brands, 04/29/2022
- Tata wants to make 50k EVs per year to meet sales boom, 01/24/2022
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Tata Group statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.