Here are a few of the most interesting Gillette statistics and facts I was able to dig up including revenue totals and employee counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Here is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about Gillette.
- Website: Official Website
- Year Founded: 1901
- Headquarters: Boston, MA
- Founder(s): King Gillette
- Parent Company: P&G
What is Gillette?
At the heart of men’s grooming for more than 100 years, Gillette understands that when men look good, they feel good and they perform well. This means that shaving & grooming plays an increasingly important role in a man’s day. With the number of men engaging in facial and body grooming on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, one thing is clear: men have carved out their own niche in the beauty industry and Gillette offers products specific to their needs. (source)
- 1901 – Gillette is founded by King C Gillette
- 1989 – The first “The Best a Man Can Get” ad debuts during Super Bowl XXIII
- 1990 – The Gillette Sensor line of razors debuts (Sensor Excel in 1993)
- 1998 – The Mach 3 line of razors debuts
- 2002 – Gillette purchase the naming rights to the New England Patriots new football stadium
- 2005 – Procter & Gamble (P&G) purchases Gillette
- 2006 – The Gillette Fusion line of razors debuts
- 2019 – Gillette draws criticism and praise for a new ad campaign titled ‘We Believe’ in which the iconic “The Best a Man Can Get” slogan is replaced with “The Best Men Can Be”
Gillette Employee Count
Number of Gillette employees in their Boston headquarters:
Last updated 1/16/19
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Gillette statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.