General Mills Statistics, Revenue Totals, Facts & News (2022)
Last Updated on: April 14th, 2022
Here are a few of the most interesting General Mills statistics and facts I was able to dig up including revenue totals and employee counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
General Mills Facts
Here is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about General Mills.
- General Mills Website: Official Website
- Year General Mills was Founded: 1856
- General Mills Headquarters: Golden Valley, MN
- General Mills Founder(s): James Ford Bell, John Crosby and Cadwallader Washburn
- Current General Mills Chief Executive: Jeffrey Harmening
- General Mills Subsidiaries / Brands: Annie's, Betty Crocker, Bisquick, Cheerios, Chex, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Columbo, Fiber one, Gold Medal Flour, Golden Grahams, Hamburger Helper, Lucky Charms, Nature Valley, Old El Paso, Pillsbury, Progresso, Total, Trix, Totino's, Wheaties and Yoplait.
What is General Mills?
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. General Mills is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best—bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next. (source)
General Mills Employee Count
Number of General Mills employees:
Last updated 96/1/21
General Mills Revenue Totals
General Mills annual revenue:
- FY 2021: $18.127 billion
- FY 2020: $17.626 billion
- FY 2019: $16.865 billion
- FY 2018: $15.740 billion
- FY 2017: $15.619 billion
- FY 2016: $16.563 billion
- FY 2015: $17.630 billion
- FY 2014: $17.909 billion
General Mills annual net earnings:
- FY 2021: $2.339 billion
- FY 2020: $2.181 billion
- FY 2019: $1.753 billion
- FY 2018: $2.131 billion
- FY 2017: $1.657 billion
- FY 2016: $1.697 billion
- FY 2015: $1.221 billion
- FY 2014: $1.824 billion
Recent General Mills News
Here are some recent General Mills news articles. We update company news daily, as it breaks, so be sure to check back often for the latest.
- General Mills Reports Fiscal 2022 Second-Quarter Results, 12/22/2021
- General Mills Announces Richard Allendorf, General Counsel and Secretary, to Retire After 23 Years, 01/28/2022
- General Mills Leads Its Industry in America’s Best Large Employers List by Forbes, 02/12/2022
- General Mills Continues Advancing Its Accelerate Strategy, 02/24/2022
- Old El Paso and LeBron James Family Foundation Partner to Open First-Ever Restaurant Serving Meals from Old El Paso as a space for Families to Come Together, 02/24/2022
- General Mills Reports Fiscal 2022 Third-Quarter Results and Raises Full-Year Outlook, 03/24/2022
- Sega And General Mills Team Up For Sonic The Hedgehog Cereal, 04/07/2022
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these General Mills statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.