Area 51 Statistics, History and Facts (2022)
Last Updated on: July 19th, 2021
Here are a few of the most interesting Area 51 statistics and facts I was able to dig up in my internet travels. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
What is Area 51?
Are 51 is a restricted US Air Force facility located in Lincoln County, Nevada. Its high level of security and unknown purpose have lead to a plethora of theories and suspicions over the years.
- Area 51 official names: Homey Airport and Groom Lake
- Area 51 nicknames: Paradise Ranch and Dreamland
- Year the USAF purchased Area 51: 1955
- Year the US government formally recognized Area 51 as a military base: 2013
- Original purpose of Area 51: To test U-2s
- Number of people that pledged to ‘storm’ Area 51 in September 2019: 600,000
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Area 51 stats come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.