Here are a few of the most interesting Red Dead Redemption 2 stats and facts I was able to dig up. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Facts
- Website: www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Release Date: October 26, 2018
- Developer: Rockstar Studios (Take Two)
- Publisher: Rockstar Games
- Game Type: Action, Adventure, Single Player, Multiplayer
- Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- Twitch link
Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer:
Red Dead Redemption 2 Stats
Total number of game units sold:
Last updated 11/8/18
Number of Red Dead games sold digitally in October 2018:
Estimated number of copies sold in its first three days:
Number of games sold in Red Dead Redemption’s first 2 days at retail:
Red Dead Redemption 2 revenue for its opening weekend:
Amount earned the game’s first three days:
Number of copies sold in Japan in the game’s first week:
Total number of copies sold in Japan:
Last updated 11/8/18
Total number of copies sold in Spain:
Last updated 12/1/18
Projected number of copies that will be sold by the end of the holidays 2018:
Red Dead Redemption 2 had the largest opening weekend of any game in history to date.
This was the most pre-ordered game on PlayStation 4 ever.
Number of social posts about Red Dead Redemption on its release day:
Estimated amount Red Dead Redemption 2 cost to develop and market:
When did Red Dead Redemption Online launch?
- Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.
- Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.
- Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.
- Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2. (source)