Hanesbrands Statistics, Revenue Totals, Facts & News (2022)
Last Updated on: April 15th, 2022
Here are a few of the most interesting Hanesbrands statistics and facts I was able to dig up including revenue totals and employee counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Here is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about Hanesbrands.
- Hanesbrands Website: Official Website
- Year Hanesbrands was Founded: 2000
- Hanesbrands Headquarters: Winston-Salem, NC
- Hanesbrands Founder(s): John Wesley Hanes and Pleasant H. Hanes
- Current Hanesbrands Chief Executive: Gerald Evans
What is Hanesbrands?
HanesBrands, based in Winston-Salem, N.C., is a socially responsible leading marketer of everyday basic innerwear and activewear apparel in the Americas, Europe, Australia and Asia-Pacific. The company sells its products under some of the world’s strongest apparel brands, including Hanes, Champion, Maidenform, DIM, Bali, Playtex, Bonds, JMS/Just My Size, Nur Die/Nur Der, L’eggs, Lovable, Wonderbra, Berlei, and Gear for Sports. The company sells T-shirts, bras, panties, shapewear, underwear, socks, hosiery, and activewear produced in the company’s low-cost global supply chain. A member of the S&P 500 stock index, Hanes has approximately 68,000 employees in more than 40 countries and is ranked No. 432 on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies by sales. Hanes takes pride in its strong reputation for ethical business practices. The company is the only apparel producer to ever be honored by the Great Place to Work Institute for its workplace practices in Central America and the Caribbean, and is ranked No. 110 on the Forbes magazine list of America’s Best Large Employers. For eight consecutive years, Hanes has won the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star sustained excellence/partner of the year award – the only apparel company to earn sustained excellence honors. The company ranks No. 172 on Newsweek magazine’s green list of 500 largest U.S. companies for environmental achievement. (source)
- Key Hanes Brands: Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, L’eggs, Just My Size, Barely There, Wonderbra, Dim, Duofold, Airé, Beefy-T, C9, Cacharel, Celebrity, Daisyfresh, J. E. Morgan, Maidenform, Rinbros, Ritmo, Sheer Energy, Silk Reflections, Sol, Sol y Oro, Tagless and Zorba.
Hanesbrands Employee Count
Number of Hanesbrands employees:
Last updated 3/21/20
Hanesbrands Revenue Totals
Hanesbrands annual net sales:
- 2021: $6.8 billion
- 2020: $6.1 billion
- 2019: $6.4 billion
- 2018: $6.8 billion
- 2017: $6.4 billion
- 2016: $6 billion
- 2015: $5.7 billion
- 2014: $5.3 billion
Hanesbrands annual net income:
- 2021: $77.2 million
- 2020: $75.5 million net loss
- 2019: $600 million
- 2018: $553 million
- 2017: $61.8 million
- 2016: $539 million
- 2015: $428 million
- 2014: $404 million
Recent Hanesbrands News
Here are some recent Hanesbrands news articles. We update company news daily, as it breaks, so be sure to check back often for the latest.
- HanesBrands Announces $2 million Investment in Historically Black Colleges and Universities as Part of Commitment to Creating Opportunity for All, 01/13/2022
- HanesBrands Sets Date for Fourth-Quarter 2021 Earnings Announcement and Investor Conference Call, 01/23/2022
- HanesBrands Announces Strong Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2021 Results Driven by Full Potential Growth Plan; Raises 2024 Full Potential Financial Targets; Announces $600 Million Share Repurchase Authorization, 02/03/2022
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Hanesbrands statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.