Here are a few of the most interesting Astellas statistics and facts I was able to dig up including revenue totals and employee counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Here is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about Astellas.
- Website: Official Website
- Year Founded: 2005
- Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
- Founder(s): Tomokichi Fujisawa
- Current Chief Executive: Kenji Yasukawa
What is Astellas?
Astellas Pharma Inc., is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are promoting the Focus Area Approach that is designed to identify opportunities for the continuous creation of new drugs to address diseases with high unmet medical needs by focusing on Biology and Modality. Furthermore, we are also looking beyond our foundational Rx focus to create Rx+® healthcare solutions that combine our expertise and knowledge with cutting-edge technology in different fields of external partners. Through these efforts, Astellas stands on the forefront of healthcare change to turn innovative science into value for patients. (source)
Astellas Employee Count
Astellas number of employees:
Last updated 3/1/20
Astellas Revenue Totals
Astellas annual revenue:
- FY 2021: 1,323,000 million yen
- FY 2020: 1,249,528 million yen
- FY 2019: 1,300,843 million yen
- FY 2018: 1,306,348 million yen
- FY 2017: 1,300,316 million yen
- FY 2016: 1,311,665 million yen
- FY 2015: 1,372,706 million yen
Astellas annual gross profit:
- FY 2020: 1,003,465 million yen
- FY 2019: 1,024,104 million yen
- FY 2018: 1,014,299 million yen
- FY 2017: 1,006,066 million yen
- FY 2016: 991,162 million yen
- FY 2015: 1,037,110 million yen
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these Astellas statistics come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on DMR should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.