5. Direct mail brings in 78% of donations for nonprofits
As far as fundraisers go, direct mail can’t be beat! It’s also cheaper than staging an event.
6. For every $167 spent on direct mail, U.S. marketers sell $2,095 in goods
That makes for a 1,300% return on average. Do your Facebook and AdWords efforts pay off like that?
7. Since 2004, direct-mail marketing response rates have increased by 14%
During that same period, email response rates have plummeted by 57 percent.
8. 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing
If you want to build trust, the statistics suggest you should invest in print.
9. 44% of customers visit a brand’s website after receiving direct-mail marketing
If you knew you could get 4 in 10 people to visit your website with a simple postcard campaign, would you do it? That’s 10 percent more than people who visit a brand’s website after receiving an email.
10. 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference
Even if your direct-mail marketing doesn’t yield an immediate response, customers will remember you when it’s time to buy.
- Choose Print
- Print Is Big
- Rochester Institute of Technology
Note: This post is a guest post from a member of our DMR Insider Community.
Image credit: Mirko Tobias Schaefer via flickr
Please share this post if you enjoyed it: