At DMR, we are constantly finding new and interesting digital and social media stats that are added almost daily to our digital and social stat posts.This is the first in what will be a weekly series of posts that highlight some of the stats that have been added or updated during the course of the prior week. Hopefully this series will help you stay up to date on the latest facts and figures without having to scroll through a number of posts and look at the update date.
Of course, if you would like to submit a stat to be included in a DMR post, we now have a simple stat submission form that you can send our way.
Before we dig into this week’s stats, I should point out the week’s biggest DMR update. This week, we launched the DMR Digital and Social Media Directory. This new feature is a gigantic work in progress and there are many more phases of development planned for it, but we hope you find it to be a helpful marketing resource.
Without further ado, here are this week’s key stat additions/updates:
Be Part of the Newest Social Network That Everyone is Talking About!.
New Facebook Stats:
- Size of user data that Facebook stores: more than 300 petabytes (Tweet this stat)
- Average number of friends that teens on Facebook have: 300 (Tweet this stat)
- Percentage of teens that are friends with their parents on Facebook: 70% (Tweet this stat)
- Number of times daily that the Facebook Like or Share buttons are viewed: 22 billion (Tweet this stat)
- Number of sites that contain Facebook Like or Share buttons: 7.5 million (Tweet this stat)
- Number of Facebook monthly active users in Asia: 351 million (Tweet this stat)
- Percentage of Facebook users that are male: 42% (Tweet this stat)
- Percentage of Facebook users between the ages of 18 to 29: 34% (Tweet this stat)
- Percentage of Facebook users that have earned a bachelor’s degree: 30% (Tweet this stat)
- Amount Facebook reportedly offered to buy Snapchat for: $3 billion (Tweet this stat)
- Number of small or medium business pages on Facebook: 25 million (Tweet this stat)
- Number of small or medium businesses advertising on Facebook: 1 million (Tweet this stat)
- Complete Facebook Stat Listing
New Google Stats:
- Android’s share of global smartphone shipments: 81.3%
- Number of Android smartphones shipped in Q3 2013: 204.4 million
- Complete Google Stat Listing
New Pinterest Stats:
- Percentage of Americans that use Pinterest during work hours: 4.8% (Tweet this stat)
- Pinterest’s growth in international traffic in 2013: 125% (Tweet this stat)
- Total Pinterest funding since launch: $564 million (Tweet this stat)
- Pinterest valuation as of 10/23/13: $3.8 billion (Tweet this stat)
- Percentage of total social referrals to commerce sites from Pinterest: 20% (Tweet this stat)
- Complete Pinterest Stat Listing
Image credit: Joseph Nicolia via flickr