Its been a pretty busy week for digital marketers. Here is a quick summary of some of this week’s highlights…
- We heard about Likester and their measurement of Facebook like trends;
- We found out about Twitter’s purchase of TweetDeck and explored the potential future of the popular social tool;
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Mountain Dew teamed up on an interesting and creative Facebook promo;
- Twitter tried to engage more mommy tweeps;
- Express became the first fashion retailer to allow full-catalog shopping from their Facebook page.
So,who is this week’s winner? Digital Marketers that can think beyond the typical ‘like us and enter to win a prize’ and creatively identify ways to build brand loyalty. Facebook’s switch from fbml to iframes has opened up a world of opportunity for creative digital marketers.
Whether it is adding useful functionality to a page like Express’ catalog or creating a contest that builds product awareness, brand loyalty and captures customer data like the Dunkins’/Dew venture, creativity is separating the best Digital Marketing campaigns from the rest of the social media noise.