Its been a pretty busy week for digital marketers. Here is a quick summary of some of this week’s highlights…
- YouTube announced plans to launch 20 original content channels essentially putting Google in competition with Broadcast TV.
- Rovio announced an Easter update for Angry Birds Seasons.
- We found out that (for some reason) Internet Explorer 10 will not work in Windows XP or Vista.
- Virgin America used foursquare and Facebook to make waiting for a plane a bit more entertaining.
- Expedia launched an app that makes finding and booking a hotel room a bit easier.
- foursquare Day set records all over the place and we learned how to unlock the day-specific badge.
- We heard that Apple may be launching a cloud-based video streaming service, which is sure to make Netflix and cable providers a bit nervous.
- Reebok brought us an app that tattles to your social media friends if you slack on your workout.
This week’s winner- the average TV viewer.
Everyone has a story. We help you tell yours.
With YouTube and Apple looking to challenge cable and satellite providers, the average TV viewer will have even more competition and variety.