Its been a pretty busy week for digital marketers. Here is a quick summary of some of this week’s highlights…
- YouTube announced plans to launch 20 original content channels essentially putting Google in competition with Broadcast TV.
- Rovio announced an Easter update for Angry Birds Seasons.
- We found out that (for some reason) Internet Explorer 10 will not work in Windows XP or Vista.
- Virgin America used foursquare and Facebook to make waiting for a plane a bit more entertaining.
- Expedia launched an app that makes finding and booking a hotel room a bit easier.
- foursquare Day set records all over the place and we learned how to unlock the day-specific badge.
- We heard that Apple may be launching a cloud-based video streaming service, which is sure to make Netflix and cable providers a bit nervous.
- Reebok brought us an app that tattles to your social media friends if you slack on your workout.
This week’s winner- the average TV viewer.
Find Out How Many People Use 1,000 of Your Favorite Social Networks, Apps and Digital Services
With YouTube and Apple looking to challenge cable and satellite providers, the average TV viewer will have even more competition and variety.