Travel site Priceline.com, recently released a ranking of their Top 50 New Year’s Eve Destinations. The rankings are based on total booking requests for the days around New Year’s and the top spots should be no surprise to any experienced partier.
There is definitely a strong U.S. slant to the list. As you would expect, New York, New Orleans and Las Vegas occupy the top 6 spots (they break them out by city section) and every spot in the top 10 is in an American city. You won’t find a non-American destination until Paris at #14.
Just Updated for November: Find Out How Many People Use 1,000 of Your Favorite Social Networks, Apps and Digital Services
Here are the top 20 places. You can find the full list of the Top 50 New Year’s Eve Destinations here.
- New York City, Midtown West
- New Orleans, French Quarter
- Las Vegas, Strip North
- New York City, Upper East Side
- Las Vegas, Strip Vicinity South
- New York City, Times Square/Theater District
- Orlando, Downtown Disney/Lake Buena Vista
- Miami, Downtown
- San Francisco, Fisherman’s Wharf
- Chicago, North Michigan Ave./River North Area
- Oahu, Waikiki Beach Area
- Orange County, Disneyland/Anaheim North
- Paris, Champs Elysees/Arc De Triomphe
- New York City, Midtown East
- Las Vegas, Fremont Street Vicinity
- Maui, Ka’anapali/Lahaina
- Los Angeles, Downtown
- Orlando, Kissimmee
- Las Vegas, Strip West
- Los Angeles, Hollywood
I am partial to Boston’s celebration (not on the list), but I have been to New York and it is certainly something everyone should experience at least once. Leave a comment below and let us all know where your favorite New Year’s Eve destination is.
Image Credit: CherryPoint