Still plugging away at sorting and posting all the new and updated stats that are coming in from every direction. This round focused on Twitter, Yelp and YouTube (with a little Vine mixed in).
Below are a few of the additions and updates. More to come tomorrow!
Twitter/Vine Stats Additions/Updates:
- Percentage of US Charities and Non-Profits that use Twitter: 86%
- Number of 2013 Fortune 500 companies that have a corporate Twitter account: 377
- Percentage of millenial Twitter users that access it on a mobile device: 80%
- Percentage of millenial Twitter users that tweet at least once a day: 60%
- Percentage of millenial Twitter users that consider it a cure for boredom: 47%
- Percentage of 18-29 year olds in the U.S. that have a Twitter account: 40%
- Most retweeted news brand on Twitter: BBC
- Projected number of Twitter users by 2018: 400 million
- Number of videos shared every minute by Vine users: 8,333
Here are the full Twitter/Vine statistic posts:
Be Part of the Newest Social Network That Everyone is Talking About!
- Twitter User Statistics
- Twitter Mobile and Vine Statistics
- Tweet Statistics
- Twitter Advertising and Business Statistics
Yelp Stats Additions/Updates:
- Number of reviews posted every minute by Yelp users: 26,380
- Percentage of Yelp users that have made a purchase at a business they found on Yelp: 98%
- Percentage of Yelp users that visit Yelp because they intend to make a purchase: 80%
- Percentage of review site users that use Yelp most frequently: 44%
YouTube Stats Additions/Updates:
- Number of views per month that the top 100 YouTube channels experience: 8 billion
- Percentage of US Charities and Non-Profits that use YouTube: 97%
- The most share ad on YouTube for May 2013: Activia: ‘Dare to Feel Good’ w/Shakira
- Percentage of 2013 Inc 500 Companies that use YouTube: 50%
- Number of 2013 Fortune 500 companies that have a corporate YouTube account: 345
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these stats come from each company’s own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100% accurate.
Photo by Jorge Franganillo