Pinterest is notoriously tight-lipped with their usage tallies and as a successful private company, they can get away with it. Thankfully, with the recent introduction of new promoted pin advertising offerings and the increasing attention that Pinterest is getting from brands, research groups and pollsters are starting to focus more on the visual social network. THis is giving me a bit more to work with stat-wise.
It has been a while since I updated the Pinterest stat post, so here are a few of the additions/updates I have been able to come up with:
Be Part of the Newest Social Network That Everyone is Talking About!
- Percentage of total Pinterest users that are female: 85%
- Percentage of 18-29 year olds in the U.S. that have a Pinterest account: 33%
- Percentage of US Pinterest users that don’t mind promoted pins: 31%
- Percentage of US Pinterest users that can’t stand promoted pins: 27%
- Percentage of Pinterest users that use it instead of browsing catalogs: 49%
- Percentage of Pinterest users that prefer browsing it to watching TV: 30%
- Percentage of Pinterest users that try a Pinterest-inspired activity monthly: 64%
Note: To easily tweet a stat, just highlight it and click “Tweet” in the popup screen.
The entire post can be found here:
More to come soon!
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these stats come from Pinterest’s own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100% accurate.
Photo by mkhmarketing