Unless you have been hiding under a rock today, you probably already know that Twitter updated the look of personal profiles today.
You now have the ability to include a “header” image (think Facebook cover) to your profile.
Here is how you add your header:
Find Out How Many People Use Over 1,000 of Your Favorite Social Networks, Apps and Digital Services
- Go to your profile on Twitter.com or use the Twitter app on your mobile device.
- Select “Settings” and then “Design”
- You will find the header image option under the “customize your own” section.
- Select your image. Recommended header image size is 1252×626, but you do have the ability to position/crop the photo before approving it.
- Save the image, save the changes and you are good to go!
As you set out to create your Twitter header masterpiece, you may want to consider sprucing it up a bit by creating it on a mobile device and using one of the countless image editor apps out there. I used an iPad app called MobileMonet to create the Header in the image above. Its just a little something to make your Twitter profile stand out from the rest.