It seems every big event finds a new way to creatively integrate social media into their production. Last week, we saw the NFL setup a Super Bowl Twitter microsite, foursquare created special badges had fans ‘check-in’ to the Big Game and Facebook had users log in and vote for their favorite ad.
Be Part of the Newest Social Network That Everyone is Talking About!
The centerpiece for the Grammys’ social media presence is the new microsite “Music is Life is Music,” which uses geotagging to mark your music memories by connecting location, song and story. Kind of like a digital time capsule of the music of your life. The tagging app integrates foursquare, Flickr, Twitter and rdio.
Here are a few additional Grammy social media efforts worth noting:
- The Academy has launched a 72-hour marathon Grammys pre-show on its YouTube channel.
- The Grammys’ Facebook page has an app (formerly known as a tab) that links users to the Pages of each of the nominees.
- The Grammys’ Twitter page has been very active lately and has some pretty cool Lists organized for performers, nominees, bloggers, etc.
- The Twitter hashtag of choice for this year’s event is #Grammys2011.
- Pandora has launched a Grammys page that includes a “mix tape” of all of the nominees.
- They have even launched a Grammys Myspace page which mostly links to their other social media pages (Youtube, Twitter, etc).
There you have it. Plenty of options. Try out the microsite. It is pretty cool and has a lot of potential and dont forget to use #Grammys2011 on Sunday night while you are tweeting and watching the big show.