Judging from the flurry of mentions in my RSS feed this year, Santa Claus has been very busy building his online brand. Here are a few places you (and your kids) can find the jolly old guy this Christmas…
- Santa is magically appearing anywhere you want him to using this fun little iPhone app…
- Santa is monitoring Twitter and responding via YouTube to tweets that include the hashtag #02santa (I wonder what he is using for a social listening tool)…
- Santa is singing and dancing on your iPhone or iPad with the Singing Santa HD app created by the same folks that brought us Songify.
Google is apparently Santa’s digital platform of choice as he has teamed up with the search giant for a couple of cool projects.
Find Out How Many People Use Over 1,000 of Your Favorite Social Networks, Apps and Digital Services
- First, Google has set the big guy up with his own Google Voice number which can be called via Gmail. You and your kids can call Santa, hear about his daily activity and leave a message for him.
- Also, Google and NORAD have teamed up again for their annual tracking of Santa’s progress. You and your kids can follow Santa’s sleigh on Google Earth as he makes his way around the globe.
Clearly Santa has been busy building his brand online in his ‘off-season.’ I am sure he will be popping up in more places over the next week and I will try to add updates as I find more interesting items.
In the meantime, enjoy the season and good luck getting all that you ask Santa for!