Google recently announced on their Lat Long Blog, that they will be extending their Street View mapping capabilities off-road. Google’s new Trekker technology enables the Google street mapping teams to map out hiking trails, national parks, ski slopes, etc by packing powerful photography equipment in a single backpack.
Two things come to mind with this announcement:
- This is pretty awesome news for outdoorsy/techy types like me; and
- I really, really want to be on the Google street map team. Seriously, go hiking with a camera and get paid for it. What an awesome job!
Subscribe in a reader
Check out Craig Smith's latest best-selling book Leveling the Playing Field: A Small Business Guide to Generating Leads on LinkedIn to get all the tips and tricks you'll need to turn LinkedIn into a powerful sales tool for your business.
Latest posts by Craig Smith (see all)
- Here is How Americans Will REALLY Be Spending the 4th of July - July 2, 2014
- Agency Creates Twitter-Powered #4thofJuly Fireworks Display - June 30, 2014
- New Stats: Facebook, Instagram, LINE, Snapchat, Weibo, WeChat and tumblr - June 25, 2014