Social media only allows you to use a few characters to introduce yourself- Not much real estate to tell people who you are.
I am a strong believer that your social media interactions speak volumes about who you are. What topics you discuss, how you discuss it and even how you use social media (sharing info, playing games, chatting, bragging, etc) give anyone that is paying attention a taste of what you are all about.
That all being said, I figured that it would use this about page to post a brief rundown of who I am, what I’ve done, what I like, etc. Not sure if anybody cares, but you just never know.
- I started out as a passive social media user. A little Myspace here, a little Facebook there, had a Twitter account but never tweeted, etc. In late 2007, I got hooked- and in a BIG way. Since then I have been immersed in social media and can’t get enough of what it currently has to offer and what we will be able to do with social media in the future.
- I head up the marketing team at a Boston-based Insurance consulting group. Of course, the views expressed on this blog have absolutely nothing to do with my employer or their clients and represent only my personal opinion and experiences.
- I am a huge sports fan. If its sports, and on TV, I will probably watch it. Of course, the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins are my teams and I am a huge Tony Stewart fan.
- It took me 32 years, but I was picky and waited to get married until I found the perfect wife.
- Recently, I became a proud first-time daddy to a healthy baby boy. Fatherhood has changed my perspective on things in so many more ways than I could have imagined.
- I am a native New Englander that hates cold and the snow but has never gotten around to moving.
- I spent 10 years working on political campaigns, but I generally don’t enjoy discussing politics and almost never Tweet or put up a status about it.
- I love Boston Sports Radio.
- I have never really looked to any particular celebrity as a hero or role model.
- I live in the country with 3 acres of cleared land but hate to mow the lawn (and tend to complain about it a lot!).
- I have two dogs that I tend to treat way too much like they are my children.
- One of my dogs is named after Tedy Bruschi and the other is named after Jasper Jacks (General Hospital)…you can guess which one belonged to whom before the wedding.
- I am a huge fan of the City of Boston and try to spend as much time as humanly possible there.
- My favorite TV shows of all time (in no particular order) are: 24, The Office, The Twilight Zone, The League, Curb Your Enthusiasm, American Pickers and CSI NY.
- The best two movies of all time are National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and The Jerk.
- I used the letter “I” more in this post than I will in my next 100 combined. I am done talking about myself, but will entertain any questions (If you made it this far in the post)…
Latest posts by Craig Smith (see all)
- You Won’t Believe How Many Users Facebook Has Now (new and updated stats) - July 24, 2014
- Major Google Stat Updates and Additions - July 23, 2014
- 14 Facebook Stats You Need to Know (Infographic) - July 21, 2014