Here are some of the highlights:
- They made images sortable by subject. This is the first change to Google images in almost a year and a very useful one.
- Google Business Photos launched in a few cities, giving us a glimpse inside the walls of businesses.
- They launched Think Insights, a place for stat-based insights into consumer trends.
- They created “News Near You”– a geo-based, hyperlocal version of Google News.
- Finally, they opened up the Google Places API to the public, sending wannabe venue check-in app developers into a frenzy.
All of these changes and enhancements are present clear opportunities for digital marketers and brands. When it comes to useful digital marketing tools and analytics, Google still reigns supreme.