5. Direct mail brings in 78% of donations for nonprofits
As far as fundraisers go, direct mail can’t be beat! It’s also cheaper than staging an event.
6. For every $167 spent on direct mail, U.S. marketers sell $2,095 in goods
That makes for a 1,300% return on average. Do your Facebook and AdWords efforts pay off like that?
7. Since 2004, direct-mail marketing response rates have increased by 14%
During that same period, email response rates have plummeted by 57 percent.
8. 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing
If you want to build trust, the statistics suggest you should invest in print.
There are over 400 stat posts on DMR. Browse the full list here.
9. 44% of customers visit a brand’s website after receiving direct-mail marketing
If you knew you could get 4 in 10 people to visit your website with a simple postcard campaign, would you do it? That’s 10 percent more than people who visit a brand’s website after receiving an email.
10. 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference
Even if your direct-mail marketing doesn’t yield an immediate response, customers will remember you when it’s time to buy.
- Choose Print
- Print Is Big
- Rochester Institute of Technology
Note: This post is a guest post from a member of our DMR Insider Community.
Image credit: Mirko Tobias Schaefer via flickr